Vision Sunday Recap
What a day in church we had yesterday! Ps Ed reminded us of the vision, which comes from the passage in Psalm 78:1-7. READ IT! – “To empower a new generation”… We believe that a life lived with Jesus Christ at the centre leads to a life fulfilled and potential is realised
Check out this video the team put together to celebrate Vision Sunday:
Ps Ed went on to share the four “P’s” of the vision statement –
At Ribble Valley Church we long to be:
– full of PASSION to serve God excellently
– to seek after PURITY by following God’s word
– to be full of the POWER of God to reach the lost
– and to live in the light of God’s PROMISES
We talked about what it means to have Jesus at the centre and to be ‘in Christ’. Where we point all of our lives towards Him, not just adding Him, not just being with Him… But making Him EVERYTHING in our lives.
Ps Ed went on to share the WHERE and the HOW of the vision –
Junction 29 of the M6 has been the heart of Ribble Valley Church since the beginning. Within a 20 minute drive, there is approx. 1,000,000 people to reach with the gospel. It is a God-sized dream and is unattainable without God at the centre.
And How? Ps Ed shared seven things we are going to attempt…
- Starting connect groups in Blackburn, Leyland and Chorley. We have seen some success in this already but are working hard to see long term fruit in these areas.
- Plant an extension service. Allowing people who want to make Valley their home church but live further away to be a part of it where they are and impact the community wherever that may be.
- Build global relationships. We are no longer engaging in ‘mission trips’, but are now undertaking relationship-building trips. We want to see longevity and friendships built, not just one-off trips. We are already working with Vision Rescue in Mumbai, India and this year a team is traveling to Fortaleza, Brazil to work with Compassion.
- SIX Hot Weekends. Last year there was five, this year SIX! Bigger and better, the Six Hot Weekends was a great success last year. We’ve taken some steps of faith this year and we’re believing that God is going to do something epic.
- Starting a Youth Ministry. Beginning at the end of February, a youth ministry for two age groups (school yrs 7-9 and 10up) will be starting, more info soon!
- Launching the Partnership Engagement Night. Our partners are people who’ve said ‘I’m in’, they are committed and passionate about the cause and give, pray for and support the church and its leaders in an amazing way. On Feb 28th, the first Partnership Engagement Night will happen. It will be great!
- Appointing new leaders. Ps Ed announced that James Baker would now become the pastor overseeing all pastoral care and that Dave Scholes would now become the Associate Pastor.
We’re in for a great 2011 and beyond! Keep praying, stay in faith and get expectant about what God is about to do.