This weekend, Ribble Valley Church was 4 years old! The leaders wanted to celebrate this birthday in style, so put together this special video for everyone. Check it out below!
We had a great day in church yesterday. God’s presence was there, and we saw salvation in the House! We also had the priviledge of having our great friend Ps Derek Smith from Kings Church Bolton with us for the whole day, who spoke two great practical messages, which you can download here! (We had some technical difficulties with Sunday morning’s message, but grab it here courtesy of Kings Church’s podcast!)
Ps Derek spoke some great truth on relationships and perspective, here’s a quick recap of his messages:
- The Peg Code: God sees our life as one long timeline, and is in every part of it, with events in our life marked out with different coloured pegs: green pegs are good times; red pegs are troubled times; and blue pegs are great relationships.
- In the good times (green pegs), we need to understand that it is God who has got us to that point, and is not about our own success.
- In the bad times (red pegs), God surrounds you with great relationships (blue pegs), but it’s up to you to understand these are God-given relationships and call on these people for support.
- Our faith works in a three-section triangle: God, us and others. Without others in this system, we would have nobody to support us in the troubled times. (Ecc 4:9-12)
- You are the only person who stands in the way of your future. We all need to overcome our worry and understand how much faith we should have in the future, because God’s got it sorted!
- God sometimes tests us to see if we mean it — in Numbers 13, Caleb & Joshua were the only two who said they could take the promised land, because they KNEW it was in God’s plan!
- When everyone else wants to stay the same, change your life for a better future! God has a much bigger plan in store for your life.
Do you have people in your life who are blue pegs to you? Are there times in your life where you’ve given your worries to God and found He’s given back more than you could imagine? Leave us a comment with your thoughts.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us yesterday, and for everyone who has supported us in any way over the past four years – we couldn’t have done it without you! Here’s to another four years – and more!