Sunday Recap (6)
Happy new week everybody! We pray that you’re making an impact wherever God has you this week – at work, college, school, home, wherever you are, believe that God can and will use you to make an impact.
We had an amazing day in church yesterday, here’s some thoughts for those of you who missed it, or those who just can’t get enough!
- Pastor Ed challenged us to stop asking the question “What do I do in life?” and start asking the question “What should I be doing in life?”
- It’s like a train track, there are two sides to it and we need both in order to get the train safely to its destination. If one is out, the train derails.
- The first side of the track is the THINKING track. We need to continually change the way we think about life (Rom 12:2)
- We need to think more like an ambassador. Ambassadors don’t represent their nation based on what they do or don’t do. In fact, WHATEVER they do, they represent their nation. We need to understand that as ambassadors of the Kingdom of God, we represent Him at all times in whatever we do.
- We need to grasp who it is that we represent.
- The second track is the track of DOING. This is understanding that being an ambassador is hard sometimes, but the harvest is ripe for the picking and we need to be on the lookout for those who are ready to receive Christ.
Without both parts to the track the train derails. If you do without thinking, you end up hurting people. If you think without doing, you can never hope to achieve what God has got for you.
But with both parts to the track, not only will the train arrive safely, but you will experience a life full to abundance of Joy, Peace and Hope, having impact wherever you go as an ambassador of the King.