Easter Sunday Recap
Easter weekend is always a special weekend in church life and the lives of all of us individually. As we remember the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, it is a great time of reflection and celebration. We contemplate the depth of God’s love for us shown on the cross, and we witness the power of God in Jesus who was raised again.
It’s such a huge reminder to us that as Jesus rose again on Sunday, we celebrate that each and every week in our church services. Let us never lose the wonder of the death and glorious resurrection of Jesus!
This year, we went all out to make the special day extra special – we had media, some special guests and a timely, powerful message from Pastor Ed.
Here’s a quick recap on some of Ps Ed’s points –
- We were reminded that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23), and that the wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23), and that as a result of sin and of God’s righteousness, we all need saving.
- We explored the sacrificial system of the Old Testament, and how when someone sinned, they needed to impute that sin onto an animal and kill the animal, ensuring that there was a punishment for the sin.
- JESUS, the perfect, sinless, spotless lamb of God came to the earth and took all the sin of those who call him Lord on His shoulders and died for us. The perfect sacrifice, once and for all.
- We learnt that Jesus didn’t die because He needed to. He died because He wanted to. He died because
- He loves us
- He wants friendship with us
He died not because we needed it (which we DO), but because He loves us enough to die for us. He sees you as valuable and worth dieing for!
Check out some shots of the special guests we had with us –
Jesus Christ, the lamb of God, took our sin, died in our place and rose again in glory. That’s Easter, and that’s why we’re here.