Sunday Recap (7)
Yesterday was the penultimate Sunday in our Planted Series. Over the last couple of months, we have really explored what it means to be a person who is truly planted in the House of the Lord. We’ve gone through many of the values that create the Kingdom Culture that we are trying to cultivate at Ribble Valley Church and yesterday was no exception. Here’s a quick recap on what was said –
Life is about choosing to make great choices
Ps Ed shared nine different decisions that he is working on and encouraged us to do the same –
- I choose to put God first and obey everything He says, even if it doesn’t make sense at the time.
- I choose to read the Bible, think about it and do what it says.
- I choose to communicate with God, which includes talking AND listening.
- I choose to engage my brain in life.
- I choose to do the right thing at the right time in the right way, at whatever the personal cost.
- I choose to change what I can and not worry about the rest.
- I choose to make great choices in small things just as much as big things.
- I choose to ask advice from others.
- I choose to help the church fulfil its mission.
Your choices REALLY DO matter and they affect you and those around you. Don’t take your choices lightly. Consistency in the small things leads to opportunity and increase in the big things of our lives.
Apparently, we make around 500 choices a day on average, so let’s try and make every choice as if Jesus was standing right there with us. After all, He is IN you!
Keep coming back to the blog, we post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with recaps like this one and articles from the pastors. You can also sign up to the RSS feed here, where you can automatically receive updates to your email inbox or to a reader like Google Reader or on your martphone with various apps.
Have a great week everyone, see you on Sunday for the last Sunday in the Planted Series.