I for one am still thinking about all the incredible stuff that Ps Ed & Michele announced yesterday at Vision Sunday. 2013 is going to be an incredible year… Let it never be said that the people of Valley Church aren’t up for a challenge!!
Well, if you were unfortunate enough to have missed yesterday’s services… never fear! All the announcements were filmed and you can see them in the videos below. However, here’s a quick recap of yesterday’s special announcements…
- The launch of two evangelistic programmes – Just Walk Across The Room and the Alpha Course. Just Walk Across the Room will be our next sermon series and Connect Group series beginning this weekend, with Alpha launching in the Spring. Both courses have been extremely successful and we’re looking forward to seeing them equip you and help you in your personal evangelism.
- The launch of a student ministry. There are around 30,000 students at UCLan. That’s a mission field we can’t ignore! This year, we’re going to really have a go at getting a stake in the ground at the university.
- A focus on regional Connect Group expansion. We will be looking to launch new additional Connect Groups in Wigan and Blackburn and also starting brand new groups in Blackpool!
- We are launching a Men’s ministry, beginning with Cave Time Quarterly, and stepping up focus on some of our family ministries, including a marriage course and a parenting course.
- On the 15th June 2013, we are holding our very first day conference! Valley Conference is a conference for volunteers… whether you’re a host on the door or you’re involved in platform ministry, this day conference will be practical, inspirational and powerful. Scott Wilson, Glyn Barrett and Derek Smith will all be speaking and teaching.
- And… launching on our 6th birthday as a church, we’ll be holding an entire YEAR of PARTIES! Every week, there will be a party somewhere in our church. It’s just an opportunity to celebrate what God’s been doing, invite your friends and just have a great time!
Obviously there are a whole load more details to come and the above is not an exhaustive list (come to LVN on Tuesday 5th Feb for more information) but it’s safe to say that 2013 is going to be a year of taking new ground and seeing each person in the church equipped more and more to make a difference in reaching their worlds for Christ.