Welcome to 316.
Many people consider (I think correctly) that the bible verse John 3:16 is the best summary of the Christian message contained in a single verse. It mentions so much in such a little phrase:
- That God exists: “For God so loved…”
- That God loves us: “For God so loved…”
- That God is interested: “For God so loved the world…”
- That God is generous: “… that He gave…”
- That God feels our pain: “… that He gave His only Son…”
- That God loves everyone: “… that whoever believes…”
- That God demands our faith: “… that whoever believes…”
- That Jesus is the only way to God: “… that whoever believes in Him“
- That without God we are perishing: “… shall not perish…”
- That with God we can have everlasting life: “… but have everlasting life.”
In those 24 words, we have the gospel (gospel means “good news”) of Jesus Christ. And it really is good news! So good in fact that we want everyone to hear this message, because not only is it life changing, but it is eternity altering; it leads to everlasting life.
And so, the aim of this project is simply (and perhaps a little boldly!) to present truth about Christianity in a simple, down to earth way, in bite size chunks (316 words or less), that anyone can read and engage with.
It is aimed at people who have just become Christians, but will hopefully be useful for maturing Christians as well as we all take another look at the foundations of our faith and therefore our life.
Next week: Who is God?