I Can Do All Things?
Mark 9:23 states that “everything is possible for him [or her] who believes.” which, in my book is both brilliant and scary at the same time. Brilliant because what a promise to live in (wow!) and scary because it means I have so much to do… so much responsibility to steward that promise well!
So the question soon becomes, as I can do all things, what should I do?
Six simple principles have helped me answer this question in my life:
- Make sure all I have, own and am is fully available to God, i.e. maximise my potential which can only be done in Christ. (Matt 25:14-30)
- Remember I have a part to play, so don’t try to do, or worry about doing everything. (1 Cor 12:12-31)
- Honour God’s house first with my income and time, that is where the blessing lies! (Mal 3:10-12)
- Find those that actually want help. I don’t waste my time with those that don’t. I know it may sound strange but some people seem happy to stay where they are. (Matt 10:14)
- Rely on God at all times, never only on your own abilities. (Prov 3:5-6)
- Choose to start somewhere today don’t procrastinate (love that word!)! (Luke 10:2-4)
It’s not one of my principles above, but I always try and have fun too, Jesus says “live life to the full!” (John 10:10)